Thursday 11 August 2011

More work at the Newcomen Beam Engine

















Today saw the start of 6 days of 'consultation and arts activity' at the Newcomen Beam Engine site at Elsecar Heritage Centre. I had the pleasure of welcoming a number of enthusiastic visitors to the site, and was able to offer a mini tour of the Newcomen  Building and share my limited knowledge. It's a site which in my experience is always met with enthusiasm by young and old alike. The people I engaged with today were a mix of family groups and 'Steam Enthusiasts' from further afield.


An enthusiastic couple from the North East explore The Beam Engine















































I will be working collaboratively with visitors on the Newcomen site on the following days throughout August: Friday 12th, Thursday 18th, Friday 19th, Thursday 25th and Friday 26th, with a view to creating Beam Engine inspired artwork and images to be sited on these 3 panels at the Elsecar Heritage Centre.
An indication of how one of the panels could look using an image made during my previous time at the Newcomen site.




































I was also fortunate enough to be visited by Artist Anna Connor today, and she made this enchanting sketch of the Gates which lead into the Newcomen Site.















Here are two more collaborative images inspired by the Beam Engine


No comments: